Choosing a home remodeling contractor is not always as simple as picking the lowest-price bid for the job. An "apples to apples" comparison is not easy to make. Quality of work, as well as what's included in the contract and what's not, can vary substantially from contractor to contractor. There are many things a homeowner should consider.
* What kind of attention to detail does the contractor exhibit in his work?
* Will he cut corners in areas that may affect the integrity of the job?
* Will he use substandard or lower-quality materials and products?
* How well does he deal with changes that may occur as the job progresses?
* Will he charge excessive rates for changes?
* Will he accommodate your household needs during the construction process?
* Will he follow up on your needs and concerns after the job is completed?
* Will he bring in sucontractors you don't know to do the work?
* Is the estimator the one who will be doing the work?
It is in your best interest as a homeowner to be looking for the most value for your money, not necessarily the lowest price for the job.
Our recommendation: First, choose a contractor you are confident can satisfy the above concerns. Second, check his references. Third, work with that contractor to negotiate a remodeling project that is within your budget.
At P. L. Johnson Construction, Inc. we are dedicated to giving you the best value for your money and the most hassle-free and enjoyable remodeling experience. We would be happy for the opportunity to serve you, but should you choose not to use us, we wish you the best of success with your project. Please do not hesitate to call on us again in the future.